Thursday, March 31, 2005

Medium Range Rhea Images

Images of Rhea taken at medium range (~150,000 km) are now up on the JPL Raw images page. Not much to write home about..
What I notice about Rhea is just how old it looks. All the creates look degraded, their rims are rough and their floors look almost filled with rubble. Not to mention all the craters look polygonal rather than circular.

UPDATE: DEChengst over at the UnmannedSpaceflight.com forum has posted a nice. 9-image mosaic of Rhea using images taken on this encounter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason - do you have any notion as to when/if we might get a closer view of the fresh crater on Rhea? I figure that might prove to be interesting, especially for the spectrometer folks.

But yeah, I agree with you: Rhea is way down on my list of things in the Saturn system that I'm curious to see more of.

3/31/2005 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jason Perry said...

Regarding the fresher crater, see above post :D

3/31/2005 07:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, bowl me over with a feather!

3/31/2005 09:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home