Friday, April 08, 2005

Updated Saturn System Maps

Steve Albers has some great maps of the Saturn system satellites on his website that include images taken by Cassini over the last few months. Personally, I use my own Titan map, but his maps of Tethys, Enceladus, Rhea, and Iapetus are about as good as I've been able to find them. The Enceladus, Rhea, and Titan maps have been updated in the last week or so to include data from the last month of Cassini images. In addition to Saturnian system maps, his Io and Europa maps are very well done. So if you are looking for maps, that would be a good site to check out.

Thanks to alan over at the Unmanned Spaceflight forum for the heads up on the update.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Volcanopele,

Thanks for your suggestions about the maps I'm working on. Based on your encouragement I took a second look at the Iapetus Saturn-shine image and now have it added to my map. It took a little longer on this than some of the other images for me to reasonably deduce the geometry :) I might try some filtering of the electronic noise induced stripes at some point as well.

I'll take a second look at your Titan map as well. You might be interested in a Titan map that Fridger Schrempp (a Celestia developer) is working on. I believe he is forging ahead and adding some more of the hi-res imagery to your map.

Thanks by the way for keeping us all tuned in with your interesting blog.

Catch you later,

Steve

4/13/2005 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home