Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Titan-3 Mission Description and other products

JPL has released a pdf with a description of science goals for the Titan-3 encounter. The most important part of this document for this blogger is the playback table, which tells me when each ISS observation will be played back to Earth, so I know when to be at work (if at some ungodly hour) in order to process image. I'm not quite sure what the difference would be between when the images are supposed to be downlinked to when they show up on the JPL Raw images page, it could be 15 minutes, it could be 9 hours, I'm just not sure. I will likely be too busy to put it an alert up here.

In finding that they released this document, the Cassini homepage had linked to their products page, in addition to the document itself (as I did with the title above). At this site, there are lectures on CIRS science at Iapetus and Phoebe and a presentation on Iapetus in general. So those might be worth checking out.

UPDATE: Interestingly enough, not much info is included on the Enceladus encounter next week...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much? Jason, you've got keener eyes than I do, that's for sure! I don't see *anything* in that doc that references the Enceladus flyby. Do you suppose they'll release an entire doc devoted to it?

- Gsnorgathon

2/08/2005 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home