Off-topic: Hurricane Katrina
A bit off topic but I have just been mezmorized by the coverage today of this hurricane. Thankfully, New Orleans was spared the worst, but still there is going to be a lot of cleanup related to this storm, particularly in eastern New Orleans, Biloxi, and Gulfport. My prayers go out to those in that area and hopefully all those in the effected areas will be safe. Now for some links:
- Eye of the Storm blog. This is a blog created by a couple of reporters for a local paper in Biloxi, Mississippi, covering their coverage of the storm and its aftermath. An interesting recent post covers how one of the reporters ran outside and "mooned" the hurricane. His mooning made it on the wires because a Reuters' photographer was taking shelter in their newsroom.
- Dr. Jeff Masters' Tropical Weather Blog. One of the major blogs on wunderground.com. Great info.
- Steve Gregory's Tropical Weather Blog. Another great blog on wunderground.com. A little bit short on analysis but he does post great pics, like the one above.
- Weather Underground's Tropical Weather page. Definitely a better resource than the Weather Channel site.
- National Hurricane Center. Well, duh.